How do you know when it’s time for a new rough? And what options are out there for you? Learn all about roofs in this helpful blog from Karis Construction, the #1 roofing contractor in Greenwood, Indiana.
Need a free roofing replacement or repair estimate? Call 317-360-8467 between the hours of 7 am to 6 pm, Monday through Friday or email us anytime at [email protected].
So you think it might be time for a new roof? But you are not sure how to tell. There are several methods:
- Check for water damage or moisture in your attack. Look for moisture marks and stains, or peeling paint in your home. Those are typical signs that you need a new roof.
- Find out when your roof was built. Roofs have pretty typical life spans, depending on the material type, so if your roof was put on twenty or more years ago, that’s when it is time for a new roof.
- If your roof is sagging in place, that’s a sign. Look at the lowest points in your roof to check for sagging or places where moisture is trapped.
- If you see moss or mold on your roof, that is when it is time for a new roof.
- If you have missing shingles… or if any of your shingles are curling or buckling, it might be time to have your roof inspected.
- You might be missing flashing or fascia… in that situation, you might be asking when is it time for a new roof?
Roof Life Expectancy
A roof life expectancy is the best way to tell when it’s time for a new roof. Roofs have a fairly typical life expectancy. If you have a slate, copper or tile roof, you can expect your roof to last fifty years or longer. Wood shake roofs usually last about 30 years in Greenwood. Fiber cement roods will last about 25 years – and asphalt shingle roofs will last about 20 years.
Have questions about roof life expectancy? Email [email protected] for a free roofing quote.
If you have an old roof, there are certain steps you can take to protect your home. First, request a free inspection from roofing professionals. Performing roofing repairs is beyond the capability of the average homeowner and can actually be dangerous. Talk to the pro’s about your old roof, find out what all your options are, and then consider replacing or repairing your old roof. When you are ready to get started, call 317-360-8467 for a free quote.
Old Roof Shingles
If you have old roof shingles, it is probably time to call in the pro’s. Old roof shingles are a recipe for disaster – they can start leaking, fall off or grow dangerous mold or mildew. Options for old roof shingles include shingle by shingle replacement or whole roof replacement. Call Karis Construction for your free estimate.
How Old Is My Roof
If you are asking yourself “how old is my roof,” it’s a good sign that it’s time to consider repair or replacement. Neglecting an old rood can lead to disaster. If you need a free roofing estimate, click here to get in touch with us.
When To Get A New Roof
There are several ways to tell when to get a new roof. You can usually estimate by the age of the roof, you can take a look at the condition of the roof… or you can call in the roofing pro’s! Get in touch with Karis Construction today.